"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Thursday, June 16, 2011

New Designs Are Ready

Good Evening Everyone!
I hope this message finds everyone well this evening.
We just had a big thunderstorm.  It didn't last very long,
but we got some much needed rain.  This area is in
dire need, while other areas of the country are flooding.
It makes no sense.
XXXXXXXXXX
I am in a mad race to get a lot of designing done before
Avery gets here.  Hollis' due date is July 27.  Can you believe 
that!!  I'm afraid my days of constantly designing   
are quickly coming to a halt.  I used to thrive on this kind
of pressure, but not any more.  My days are just too
full and my lists too long.  My annual Christmas ornaments
are being stitched though.  That makes me happy.  My 
Cinnamon Stick Christmas design is also being stitched,
so I am making headway.  Wish me luck, please.
XXXXXXXXXX
The long awaited reveal of 
"Mary Lamin's The Lord's Prayer" 
Reproduction sampler.
I hope you love it as much as I do.  Mary Lamin definitely
had a unique way of using color, or very little access to
fibers.  We'll never know, but it certainly resulted in a
unique and special sampler.  The original was found in
New England and was probably stitched mid 19th C.
XXXXXXXXXX
Next is 
"Blessed Liberty"
The Olde Brass "Flag" button and the frame are
also available from me.  
I hope you see something you like.  Both of these
designs will be shipped to our AUTO shoppes
and our distributors early next week.  If you cannot
find them, just let me know. 
"Many Happy Stitches",
Sandra 

7 comments:

  1. The Lord's Prayer is wonderful. I didn't know it was a reproduction, which makes it even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I love them both. The colors in the reproduction are super.
    ~Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these pieces but the Mary Lamin reproduction takes my breath away. It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like the choices of linen and frame on the reproduction sampler--very nice!

    I thought "Oh, no!" when I read the thoughts about your days of constantly designing. :( I do hope this means some breaks or periods of a less aggressive schedule rather than stopping entirely!! I LOVE your works, and especially look forward to your ornaments. :D

    Thank you so much for your kind visits to my blog and comments recently; I am always tickled to receive them. I can only imagine how busy you are; and now with the new little one on the way how much more so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh very nice :) and she did have a unique sense of colour :) love the blessed liberty one too :) good luck with the new wee one and don't panic we still shall be here awaiting news either stitchy or update on the wee one :) take care and happy stitching :) love mouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandra your reproduction is just beautiful...love the naive look to it and the colors of course...the frame is awesome too. is it an antique or one we can purchase from you?

    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them all! I have you on autoship at Hoffman's for my store. Can't wait to get them and stitch some myself too!
    Wishing you many hours of happy stitching!
    Cyndi @ www.beachcottagestitchers.com

    ReplyDelete