"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Monday, June 20, 2011

Had To Share

Good Morning Everyone,
I just had to share the dessert that Hollis made for
her dad, Lehmer, for Father's Day.  I asked her
permission to share this photo.  Her response was
"I guess...if you're trying to embarrass me...it's so ugly".
This recipe came from the June issue of Martha Stewart's
magazine.  It may not look like her cookie cake, but it is
beyond delicious.  She made it Sunday morning
and you are suppose to make it the day before so all
of the "creamy sauce"soaks into the layers of chocolate
chip cookies cookies.  OMGoodness!!  This will absolutely
destroy any diet that you might be on, but who cares.
Please forgive the quality of the photo.  She sent this to
me on her cell phone.  I wish I had taken a picture 
before we cut into it.  
You really do need to make it the day before or at
least in the morning, if serving at night.  Then it will
cut really well.
I left the recipe at Hollis', but if anyone wants it, I'll
put it on the Blog in a day or two.
Have a delicious day!
Sandra

5 comments:

  1. I don't know if you were able to hear that groan. Regardless, I will anxiously await the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I gained two pounds just looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, as you say it is a phone photo, but from what I see it looks great! I see nothing to be embarrassed about in the slightest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks delicious even if she doesn't think so. I would love to have the recipe. thanks so much, Sandra!
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am soooooo hungry now - It looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete