"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Good Afternoon!
Everybody has left now and the house is so quiet.
Hollis and I had a wonderful Mother's Day.  We 
are stuffed from all of the wonderful food.
Cameron and Lehmer cooked on the grill.  Very 
relaxing -- just what we wanted .  It was
so special to be able to celebrate with Hollis
as a new Mom and such a great little Mom she is.
I want to share with you what I made her for
Mother's Day.  She took this picture with her
cell phone so I didn't have much picture to work
with on the sides, but it is a favorite of hers, so I
had to make it work.  Found this frame a while ago
and it had Hollis' name written all over it.  Been
saving it for just the right picture.
Found the perfect letter from an old sampler and
added a heart for the "O" and stitched it over one
so it would fit.  She loved it.
Here are some pictures from our fun day.
Cameron took so many wonderful pictures.
So nice to have a photographer in the family.


I hope all Mothers had as great a day as I did.  Now,
I must go pack to go to Richmond for two days.
I promised pictures of new things, but that will
have to wait until Wednesday.  
Until then,
"Many Happy Stitches",
Sandra 

6 comments:

  1. Glad you all had a great Mother's Day, Sandra.
    All great pics Cameron took, just look at those cheeks on Avery!
    Too cute. Nice pic that you made Hollis too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great family photos, Sandra! Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day... Sure wish I could hitch a ride to Richmond with you. It was at this time last year that we were there for my youngest son's graduation from UR. Such a beautiful area!! Wishing you safe travels...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures!!
    Avery is so cute!! Love those cheeks~~
    Glad you had a good Mothers Day. I love Hollis gift you made for her!
    Have a safe trip can't wait to see the new things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos!! It looks like you had a truly lovely Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody for your nice comments! I agree with you, Avery does have the cutest cheeks.
    Take Care,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete