"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Good Evening Everyone!
I'm back from Richmond.   Poor little Avery is
teething and recovering from a nasty Spring cold,
that he so kindly gave to me, Lehmer, and now
Hollis and Paul.  I think I need to start taking
Vitamin C or something.  This is the second cold
he has given me.  He is also back in day care
two days a week, hence the cold, and it has 
ruined his schedule.  A trying time for all,
especially for the little guy.  Today was a better
day, so I think he is recovering.  Of course,
he goes back to daycare Thursday and Friday.
Please don't let him catch something else.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A FAMILY HOMESTEAD"
"Home Is The Nicest Word
There Is"
Laura Ingalls Wilder from
Little House On The Prairie
(One of  my favorite shows.  You can tell how
old and sentimental I am.  I am planning a
series of designs based on her wise and
funny quotes.)
I'm finally ready to show you my completed
sampler.  Note the surname under the quote and
the single initials to the left of the house - mine, Lehmer's, 
Hollis' and Cameron's.  If you need it there is plenty of
 space for more initials.  I have to paint the frame,
but it won't be long now.
"TO STITCH IS BLISS"
This is almost ready as well.  There is another
project in this publication - a "Needle Roll".
"NOW I LAY ME DOWN TO SLEEP"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I plan to have  all of these ready in about
two weeks.  I hope it has been worth the wait.
"Many Happy Stitches",
Sandra



4 comments:

  1. oooo gorgeous all of them .. hope the wee one feels better soon ,.. and that's the thing with going to meet new friends you catch everything off them ... :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, all three are wonderful, Sandra!

    Sorry Avery decided to share his cold with all of you--hope you feel better very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra,
    how funny !!!
    I also love Laura Ingalls and her books and I am also designing patterns using Laura's quotes !!!
    I plan to release a sewing roll with the following quote:
    "I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
    I release my patterns under the name "The Blue Attic"
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/96671738/e-pattern-pdf-primitive-laura-ingalls
    Your designs are lovely !!!!
    Congrats !!!
    Warm smiles
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete