"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Coma

Good Afternoon Everyone!
We are all suffering from food comas today,
but it certainly was worth it.  I was so exhausted
after cooking for mostly two days, doing a 
little decorating, and all the little things you
need to do.  Things like getting your serving
pieces out and ready to use, napkins ironed,
setting the table, a flower arrangement for
my big turkey soup tureen.  All the things that
I traditionally do and I so love doing it all.
We had a large group all gathered together
and it was wonderful.  The grandchildren
are tiny now.  I don't know what we will do
when they all need a chair at the table.
Oh, well, I'll worry about that another year.
XXXXXXXXXXXX
I just have to share this precious photo.
This was the first time Avery had seen his
little cousins.  It was so sweet to see how
much these little girls wanted to be with
him.  They were so excited, but I think it
was too much excitement for Avery.
Just look at how little Addyson and Piper are trying
to console him.  Addyson is about 2 1/2 and Piper is
about 9 months.  It is unbelievable how they reacted
to him being upset.  Of course, when he drops his
bottom lip, we all just melt.  Cameron, our son, was the
photographer again.  His timing was just perfect.
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Well, it will be back to work tomorrow for me, but
I am going to enjoy having them for one more day.
Hollis and and Paul will be leaving in the morning
and the house will feel so empty.
I hope you all enjoy the rest of the Thanksgiving
holiday.  
Many Merry Stitches,
Sandra



6 comments:

  1. Going back to our friends' place to eat more turkey today! (We always do our turkey with them because they have a large (regular) gas oven, while our range is a 20" electric.

    This summer, a friend picked up some jams/preserves/chutneys from an open-air market--one of them was a sweet garlic rosemary jelly (it is made with white wine vinegar, too)! One taste, and I began yearning for Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwiches with it! :D We foolishly did most of our cooking yesterday, and were almost too worn out/steeped in the aroma of baking butter to enjoy it! (This is because I caught a terrible cold on Monday, was insensible on Tuesday, and by Thurs. it was either cancel it or leave the prep to the men! Whew! What a time for my nerves!)

    So, TMI, but I am off to enjoy those sandwiches!

    Your dear GC are too sweet; it sounds like quite a production of work for you, but what a successful Thanksgiving you had! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Sandra, what sweet pictures. Love those little ones...very sweet. Wanted to thank you too for the freebie in your other post. Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We sure did...all our kids came home from college and we have been eating and laughing ever since! The way it should be.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello dear, what a cute picture..i love it..sweet little babies..aww soooooooooooooo cute :)
    keep well dear and have a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling photo - oh my heck - that Avery is going to be something with that lip!! Look out world! Too, too, cute. Sounds like a wonderful holiday....enjoy your evening with them....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you all enjoyed the holiday. Your grandchildren are adorable! I love how the older ones are doting on Avery. Enjoy your time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving Sandra.
    That pic is just too precious!
    Avery is really growing fast.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete