"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Better Late Than Never

Good Afternoon Everyone!
I hope you are all having a great day.  I have gotten
some much needed things finished, so I'm going to
take a "coffee break" and share something adorable.
Speaking of "coffee breaks" first, every afternoon
about this time I have to relax a little and have a 
small dose of caffeine.  This started many years
ago and it really helps me keep going later in the
day and believe me I need all the hours I can
get in every day.
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Anyway back to my most favorite subject!
A Halloween baby that is beyond cute.
You might remember me mentioning at some point
that Avery's Daddy is Head Chef at a restaurant
in Richmond.  Well, months before Avery was born,
Hollis Goggled baby chef hat, and this is what 
she found.
A complete outfit with a double breasted chef's coat
and checkered pants.  We stuffed the hat with
plastic bags.  
Do you love the food channels like I do?  If so, you are 
probably familiar with The Naked Chef - 
Jamie Oliver.  Well, we now have our own!!

Of course, we had to have a daytime Halloween
outfit.  His Granddaddy said he looked like 
a convict.  
You all know Faye, who has worked with me
for years.  Well, she is forever giving something
wonderful to this baby.  This is an adorable lion
costume, so we had to wear that one too.
XXXXXXXXXXXX
What a great time we had.  I think it will be
really hard next year to top the Chef costume though.  
If he ever finds out that I put his little naked
body with a huge hat on a BLOG, I may lose
the Grandmother Of The Year Award.
Oh, well, you can only get away with pictures
like that when they don't have any say in the matter.
XXXXXXXXXXXX
I have new stuff to share, so stay tuned.
Many Happy Stitches,
Sandra


8 comments:

  1. What an adorable little boy! You are all so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww so cute..lots of blessings for him xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww he looks sooo cute in them all but the chef one beats them all :) and I agree it is the only time you will get away with it heheheh :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute x3....but I agree - that chef's costume steals the show! How absolutely adorable!!! (And I'm liking the "A" jack-o-lantern...." Tell me that kid's not gonna be spoiled!) ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable baby! Being a Grandmother is such a very special thing. My little Grandson is now 6 and was Darth Vader for Halloween. The years go so fast! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite touch is the little pants! Adorable!! Also, I love the peek of your pumpkins--A for "Avery" and the other...with cute eyelashes?

    I often like to have tea around 2 PM. :)

    Oh, also, I don't really watch the food TV people, but there are several I follow online. I think my favorites are Chef John at Foodwishes and "Cooking With Dog" on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Avery is adorable! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Avery is just the cutest little pumpkin!! He does kind of resemble a convict in that one photo and the pumpkin is the "ball" in the "ball and chain!" I'll bet you can hardly wait until you see him again :)

    ReplyDelete