"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Good News!

GOOD NEWS!
For those of you who have been waiting for my
new designs, they are winging their way
to my Autos and my Distributors.
Yeah!
Here they are in all their glory~
CINNAMON STICK SANTA XXV
"Belsnickle Chimney Santa"
NO. 241
$12.00
Can you believe I have done 25 of this series!!!
I've given you a look at the full cover
and some closeups.
FABRICS USED
Weeks' 20 Count "Putty" for the pillow and the
Hanging Pouch.
R and R's "18th Century Brown" for the ornament
All were stitched with a variety of fibers, including
Wisper for the beard.
The tinsel trim will be available in my ETSY Shoppe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 IMPORTANT!
As of yesterday I found out the "Grunge" pom pom
fringe that I used on the Hanging Pocket is no
longer available in that color, or at least for the
present time.  Elizabeth, of Dames Of The Needle,
is working really hard to achieve the same color,
but because of a change in the fiber content,
it will not dye the same way.  So until further
notice, you will have to substitute a favorite
trim of your own.  I might suggest the "Grunge"
rick rack that she carries- 1/4" or 1/2".
MISTAKE IN CREDITS
I said the rick rack on the pillow is
1/2", when in fact it is 1".  I am sorry for that
and will change it in the next printing.
Enough bad news ~ on to the good stuff!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
COUNTRY SPIRITS COLLECTION
"Oh Joyful Acorn"
Hanging Pouch
CS-94
$6.50
It is stitched on Weeks' 20 Count "Putty"
using a variety of fibers.
The Autumn buttons are available from me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
PURELY SAMPLERS COLLECTION
"Christmas Trees 'A Plenty Button Sampler"
PS-56
$9.00
It is stitched on R & R's 32 Count
"Classic Homespun".  This is a fabric that was
dyed for me and I am really happy with it.
It is going to come in a bunch of
stitch counts, including 18, which is going
to be so much fun. 
You will need four Olde Brass "Tree" buttons, 
a little "Warm and Natural" batting (which I
coffee dyed) and some buttons of yours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
The designs are available in my ETSY Shoppe now.
I will be putting the tinsel trim and the Autumn
buttons in soon. The Tree buttons are already
there in the SUPPLY SECTION.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sure hope you see something you like and
will enjoy
"Many Happy Stitches",
Sandra




1 comment: