"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Need Your Opinion

Good Evening Everyone!
Hope all is well in your world.  I am busy,
busy trying to finish up publications and decide
on new ones.
I have had this wonderful runner for years.  Hollis
graphed it some time ago and I've been dragging
my feet about what to do with it.
My options are to simply picture it as is -
a runner - or adapt it into a sampler.
I'm leaning toward the sampler.
I used it on my breakfast room table for
the Christmas holidays.  It was just perfect.
Here it is.  Let me know what you think.
~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a great rest of the weekend.
Many Happy Stitches,
Sandra

25 comments:

  1. I would love this as it is, a tablerunner. In fact it is just what I have been searching for, but it would look just as pretty as a sampler, so I guess I am not much help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is lovely as a runner and there are not to many goods ones around so this would be a must have

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the runner idea because as Carmen stated, you don't see many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all above, I've even looked for something that could be a runner on the table and this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I love samplers, I would have this as a runner. It is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely the runner....something just a little bit different!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Runner....samplers are so common (even though I love them) but runners are hard to come by. Love it. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the majority here, runner. Would love to purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup the runner is just so beautiful
    Love x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love stitching samplers, but I also like to "use" my stitching. I would have this one as a runner. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with the others, a runner.
    It's pretty!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is beautiful! A runner ... :)
    Hugs,
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it as a table runner. There aren't many table runner options out there and I think the colors scheme is great. I bet it would look great in blues and greens too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like most like the runner as is. So do. My older brother told me on a past visit that I was runnering out of wall space for my samplers. Needles to say he has different decorating tastes as I. But anyway, others are right there are many samplers to chose from out in the market place but no one is offering a runner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think a table runner. I would love to use it on my table!! It is nice to be able to use something you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the table runner!!! I would love to use it on my table. Maybe you could do a pattern that incorporates both ideas. That way we can choose which one we would like to make.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I guess I seem to be agreeing with the majority, I never see table runner patterns, or not nice ones and this one is so pretty. I love samplers but this time I say "runner". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Runner, definitely! Lots of quilted ones around, not so many stitched ones!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Its lovely a runner or sampler would look wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I vote for the runner, definitely!! I don't think I've ever seen a cross stitched runner before now. I know there are some that are embroidered but I just love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I've never gotten such a response for a design question. It will definitely be a runner and maybe something else to go with it. Thank you so much. What fun!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete