"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Friday, January 4, 2013

A Little Glimpse!

Good Evening Everyone!
Well, I've been trying to work the last few days 
with only a little bit of success.  Just can't get
focused for some reason.  Maybe it's because all
the Christmas decorations are still up.
I promised myself that they have to be taken
down and put away this weekend.  I 'm the
only one to blame for the massive job that it is.
Every year I say I'm going to cut back, but
it never really happens.  The only thing I
didn't do this year was put ornaments on the
kitchen tree and the glass ornaments on the
dining room tree.  I did that because I thought
Avery would be all over the trees but he
really didn't pay too much attention to
them.  Also, didn't put the vintage toy collection
under the tree in the dining room.  I do think
he would have gone after that.  Anyway,
enough complaining.  It will get done - some
how, some way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time moves on and rather quickly, I might
add.  I'm always too late with Valentine
designs, so I'm trying to get this done
in plenty of time.  This will be a quick stitch,
similar in style to my "Wondrous Joy"
Christmas design.  I wish I had time to stitch
this on a large count for a pillow, but 
once again, time is always the issue.
I can just see it though on my sofa for
Valentine's Day.  Maybe next year.
It would also be wonderful stitched in a 
warm cream on a really dark hand-dyed linen.
Where are the stitching elves when I need them.
Anyway, here is your little "glimpse".
Let me know what you think!
"Wondrous Love"
 I have been rummaging through storage again
and came across some of this fabric.  
 I thought it had been discontinued, but it is still 
available.   It is a
36 Count and has this wonderful woven quilt-
type design. The fabric is called
"Proud Pine".  The stitching area measures
8 3/4" X 8 3/4".  The pillow square from outside
border to outside border is approximately 13" square.
It looks a little green, but is more taupe in color.
Let me know if you are interested.
Hope you have a good night.  I'm going to stitch
on "Wondrous Love" tonight and hope to
finish it.
Many Happy Stitches,
Sandra 

2 comments:

  1. The new design looks very sweet so far. Time does fly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great design Sandra.
    Love the variegated red thread.
    I also am taking down Christmas today.
    It's cold here in WI, so I think I will make some hot chocolate and light a great-smelling candle. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete