"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Monday, July 4, 2011

HAPPY 4TH

Good Morning!!
"FREEDOM HOUSE"
Wouldn't it be nice if the whole world
could look this peaceful.  Hoping your
little spot in the world is and
wishing all of you a great July 4th.
~~~~~~~~~~
I started cooking some things last night in
anticipation of going to Hollis' for a 
little celebration.  Not too much celebrating
going on for someone who is 9+months
pregnant.  Plus, if that wasn't enough, she
has been suffering with a horrible cold/
sinus infection for over a week.  A little
better this am, so we are heading down.
Cameron is coming too.  So great to
get together.  Unfortunately, Paul is working
and Ashley is in Charlotte visiting friends
and family.  We'll miss them.
The usual picnic fare, nothing is on my
eternal diet, but diets go out the window
on holidays.  I splurged and made an
old fashion peach cobbler.  Nothing like
the smell of butter coming from the oven.
I'm having a Paula Dean moment.
~~~~~~~~~~
I'll be stitching on Christmas designs on
my trip to Richmond.  It takes about an hour,
 so I'll get a little bit done.  Wishing you 
Many Happy Stitches too,
Sandra

6 comments:

  1. Happy Independence day! Hey Peach cobbler and a cup of coffee....I'd be a very happy woman! Hahaha...
    We made homemade peach ice cream for our family get together and it was incredible!
    Hope your day is wonderful and I hope Hollis feels better too.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Freedom Day! I can't believe Hollis is 9+ months already! Hope she feels betters soon. Enjoy your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful 4th of July with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th of July Sandra! It sounds like you have a very relaxing day planned with your family. And that peach cobbler sounds wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra,as a fellow stitcher I found your blog on Samplermakers. Look forward to getting to know you!! ~Kriss~

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must pinch yourself everyday, you have stitching and your family not necessary in that order.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete