"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Finally!!!

Good Morning Everyone!
Well, it has been quite a stressful week.  Little
Avery had surgery on Wednesday.  He has to be
restricted in his activities for two weeks.  How do 
you explain that to a 3 year old!  You don't, 
consequently you cannot let him out of your sight
and you are constantly telling him 
"No, don't do that!"
I know he doesn't understand and he is not
used to having everyone telling him "No" 
over and over again.  I feel so bad for
him and I also feel bad for all of us
because we are in a constant state of 
WORRY! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I came home yesterday and
have been trying to finish at least
two of my promised designs.  It's looking
like these will be all I will do for this
Christmas season.  Really sorry that I 
shared designs that will not happen, but 
sometimes more important things
come along.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, I'm finished rambling on.  Here
are my new designs.  They are ready
and will be shipped the first of the
week.  Hope you like them.


 "MERRY MEOWIES"
The Hanging Pouch is stitched on 30 Count "Mink"
and the Ornament/Cupboard Tuck is stitched on
18 Count "Classic Homespun".  Both of these fabric
are from R & R Reproductions.  Notice the sweet
Pom Pom trim on the bottom of the ornament.
It is "Nick's Coat" from Dames Of The Needle.


 "WONDROUS NOEL"
I attached the large design to a wonderful old hanging
box.  I used Velcro to attach it.  Thinking their might be
a series here~we'll see, no promises.  I know
you will not be able to find a box like mine, but
you might find something similar or maybe a
wonderful basket.
The large design is stitched on 30 Count "Espresso"
and the ornament on 30 Count "Mink", stitching
over one.  I used the Continental stitch, which is half of 
a cross stitch.
The chenille trims are "Christmas Wreath" and
"Cocoa".  Both the fabrics and the trims are
from R & R Reproductions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you will like one of my new designs
enough to fit it into your busy holiday schedule.
"Many Merry Stitches",
Sandra




7 comments:

  1. While we all love stitching, we all know that family is more important. I sure hope little Avery is well soon and yes, it must be very hard to slow him sown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb, Yes family always comes first and always will. Yes, it is not just hard to slow him down, it is impossible. The bad part is we have to keep doing this until the week after Thanksgiving. He is frustrated and we are exhausted, but what can you do. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. Lovely off to place an order for the 'Noel' one its beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, So happy you like my "Wondrous Noel"
      and thank you for buying it.

      Delete
  3. Oh love the Merry Meowies! I have 4 cats so I'd love to stitch that up. Hope Avery is doing alright. Judging by his cookie-making in your newer post, he's at least upright! By all means, family is important. Other things can wait!

    ReplyDelete