"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Bliss

Good Evening!
This is my dining room tonight after everything has been
cleaned and put away.  What a simply
wonderful day it has been.  We have been truly blessed
all Thanksgivings, but this one even more so because
Lehmer came through his second cardiac procedure.
He has to take it easy and be really careful for a while,
but everything should be OK.  What a stressful couple
of weeks it has been.  Tuesday was another day at the
hospital and he had to spend the night again, so getting
ready for Thanksgiving was hard because I had so
little time.  But I had help.  Cameron and Hollis came
home on Wednesday and were really great.  I could
not have done it without them.
My sister and her family were here as always and they
bring tons of food, so we are all over fed as usual.
We are so fortunate to be able to have this special time
together.  I hope your day was just as special as ours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I guess the peacefulness of Thanksgiving now gives
way to the hustle, bustle, and joy of Christmas ~
my other favorite holiday.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Good night everyone,
Sandra




5 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy that you had a wonderful day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and that Lehmer came through his surgery ok.
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been through alot Sandra...So glad the family was in, and Lehmer is going better... Holidays are such a busy time so pace yourself.... Many blessings to all of you, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear that your husband's procedure was a success. You must be so relieved. I'm glad that you were all able to celebrate a wonderful Thanksgiving together.

    ReplyDelete