"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Absence Explained

Good Evening Everyone!
I hope this post finds all of you well and happy.
This picture of Avery in exhaustion mode is how 
I feel right now.  
So sorry for being so long since I last posted and
for not getting my latest designs out to all of you.
It has been a very stressful time around here.
I've had so many irons in the fire, things that I
will be able to share with you soon - wonderful
things that have taken time away from my
normal schedule. Then all of a sudden, life
takes a bad turn and things come to a halt.
Eighteen years ago in July my husband, Lehmer,
had bypass surgery.  He has been very fortunate to
have been well all of these many years, but that
all came to an end with chest pain returning.
With that came the unending worry and stress.
This kind of stress makes it very difficult for me 
to be creative and to get products finished.
The good news I have to share is that the first
procedure was successful and further surgery looks
to be unnecessary. Unfortunately, he
has to go back next Tuesday for another 
procedure.  We are hoping and praying for
a repeat of the success of the previous
procedure.   
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know why
you have not heard from me for a while.
With any luck two new designs will be
shipped soon.  Thank you for your patience.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope to be back later this week with some
fun news and "little glimpses" of things to 
come.
Many Happy Stitches,
Sandra



18 comments:

  1. Sandra...I will remember your husband in my prayers. I can understand why this has been a stressful time for you both.
    ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra ~ wishing your hubs all the best. Hoping he has an easy time of it during his next procedure and a swift recovery. We'll be here when you have time to visit, hugs to you in the coming days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had enough stress - don't worry about your customers. They aren't going anywhere! I hope the follow up procedure goes as well as the first. And look at little Avery's shoes! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra,
    Wishing the best for you and your husband. Life sure does throw you for a loop sometimes. Hopefully the future will be full of more positive events and your husband will be on the mend soon and you can breath a sigh of relief. Take care and we'll look forward to your designs in due time. Your grandson is adorable-even in his exhaustion mode.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for a speedy and easy recovery for your husband.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandra, I am thinking about you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear friend,
    I am so much praying for your husband for his good health.
    Thinking of you all so much
    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be keeping your husband in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping you both in my prayers and sending you hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. can relate to the wee ones photo ... take care of yourself too and sending positive thoughts that the procedure goes well for your DH :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to hear from you.
    Lehmer is in my thoughts for a successful procedure, hope all goes well.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your hubby is ok and the procedure goes well.
    Take care .X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you and your husband, wishing the best outcome for procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope your husband has a very speedy recovery!
    You will both have a very thankful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing you all well.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wishing your husband all the best, Sandra! Take care now...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Prayers sent your way for a full recovery, love the picture of Avery, I get pooped out myself and just hang out.

    Blessings to You and Your Husband.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to thank all of you for your kind words of concern and all of your prayers. I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you, it has just been crazy. On top of everything else, Avery came down with a horrible respiratory thing and ear infection, so I had to go to Richmond for another day that I had not planned. Poor little thing, he is so sick. Trying to play catch up, but I think I am losing the battle. Anyway I got the last of my new things for Christmas up a little while ago, now I just have to finish them and get them shipped. I hope my nerves will let me stitch while Lehmer has his procedure on Tuesday.
    Thank you again. You are all so wonderful.
    Many Happy Stitches,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete