"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Friday, April 1, 2011

FANCY FRIDAY

Happy April Everyone!!
I cannot believe it has been a whole week since my last post.
We have been so busy around here.  Our big project right now
is getting some new things ready for the Online Show which
starts April 14th.  It is fast approaching and we are not 
ready - as usual.  I had to finish my next two designs in the 
"Halloween Year" series and get them off to my wonderful
stitchers.  Such is the life of a cross stitch designer.
XXXXXXXXXX
I mentioned a while ago that I wanted to do something
special when I reached 300 followers.  It happened a
while ago, but I have not forgotten.
When I was in Nashville, I picked up some special scissors
to attach to my scissor fobs.  So I am offering you your
 choice of a scissor style and a scissor fob for
$17.00 + $2.00 Shipping.
I have a few pairs of scissors in each style.  Just tell me
 the style you like and which fob.  This is a one time
offer for my Followers.
When referencing the scissors, the top pair are black
Seaton, next is black Primitive Storklette,
next is gold-plated Seaton, and the last one is black
Fleurdelis. The fob at the top is The Stitching Lady
and the other one is The Shepherdess.  I make the fobs.
The prints are decoupaged on wood.
  XXXXXXXXXX 
Now it's time for FANCY FRIDAY!
This is a piece of "vintage" embroidery that I have
mounted in one of my frames.  I took a flat wooden
frame to which I attached a piece of scalloped trim.
I think it is very "vintage" looking as well.
Closeup of distressing on the frame.  The frame is painted
with a nice umber color, distressed, and then glazed.
Closeup of the embroidery.  It is in perfect condition,
but of course I had to add a little distressing to it.
The frame measures 12 1/2" wide X 7 1/2" high.
$38.00 + $6.00
XXXXXXXXXXX
On our way to Nashville every year, Faye and I always do a 
little antiquing.  It is so much fun after all the hours of preparation
for the show. It is our treat to ourselves.  Most of the things we
find end up decorating the booth.  The rationale here is it is
job related.  Don't you agree?  This year I found a number 
of these wonderful wooden thread spools with their original cotton 
thread.  It is unusual to find them with thread. They are great and
 we sold a bunch at the show.  Just a few left  (after I took what I 
wanted) so I thought I would offer them to you.  The four spools for 
$16.00 + $2.50 shipping.
If you would like any of these things, just email or call me.  I
take Paypal, Visa, MC, and personal checks.
XXXXXXXXXX
That is all for today.  Stay tuned for sneak peaks of new designs.
Also, I will be adding new things to my Etsy Shoppe soon.
Many Happy Stitches,
Sandra

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra - I'm interested in both the spools and the (gold plated) scissors with a Shepherdess fob. I'm not sure how to go about this, so could you drop me an email at bchattertonluuring @ gmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sandra-
    The scissors and scissor fobs are uniquely
    different. I love the pattern Eggs A Plenty
    and so many of your designs are elegant.I look forward to reading your blog to see new items and to just review the existing ones over and over!
    Warm Regards,
    Susan B.,Western MA

    ReplyDelete