"DESIGNS THAT REFLECT OUR
AMERICAN HERITAGE"

Welcome to my blog. I'm probably very much like all of you who love the needlearts. My life revolves around family, friends, home and all things that help to make for a more contented life. When time allows; cooking, gardening, decorating, and collecting are my joys. I look forward to sharing all of these things with you. I also hope to keep you up to date on what is going on at Homespun Elegance, in regard to the needlework designs and the "Plain & Fancy Wares" that we offer.

Wishing you "Many Happy Stitches".
Sandra

Sunday, October 17, 2010

One Year Ago Today

Greetings Everyone,

I am reminiscing about one year ago today.
Today it is beautiful here.  The kind of day
Hollis wanted for her wedding day.
Instead it was a gray, rainy, cold day but one 
filled with glorious moments that we will never
forget.
Just thought I would share with you a few
pictures of 
Hollis and Paul's wedding.
Don't you love the white pumpkins.  It is a good
thing that the wedding isn't this year because I
haven't seen any pretty ones around here.  I bought
the ferns early in the summer and nursed them
in the shade behind our house.
One of our beautiful fall arrangements.
We did sugared fruit on antique cake
pedestals.  Hypericum berries, nandina
leaves, and babies breath added a little
more texture.   I strung pearl beads on
wire for the table numbers.
Isn't this arrangement gorgeous.  Our
florist was outstanding.
I made the "W" for Wielt (Paul's last name) for
a large crouton for the salads.  I adapted a
recipe for shortbread, adding walnuts and 
parmesan cheese.  They were pretty yummy.
The happy couple.
This is true joy!
Hope you enjoyed my trip down memory lane.
Many Happy Stitches,
Sandra

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful photos Sandra! Hollis' dress was gorgeous. Despite the weather it looked like it was a perfect day. Here's wishing the Hollis and Paul a very Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun reminiscining???? Very nice photos and thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photos!! The decorations don't hold a candle to your gorgeous daughter. Her joy radiates from her face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful couple, Sandra !! I love the flower arrangements too. It must have been a special day, in spite of the rain and the cold.

    ReplyDelete